A new photo of the
whatever Superman is called has been released! Also today: Sarah Michelle Gellar gets soapy, America's Next Top Modelgets nostalgic, and heaven has found an angel.
- Up top is the first photo of British sex bramble Henry Cavill as world's perfectest superhero Superman in Man of Steel, Zack "Give 'Em More of What They Don't Want" Snyder's franchise reboot. Pretty exciting, huh?? This shot looks to be some sort of love scene between Superman and a big vault door — just look at how sensually his hand is placed on it. And, as you can see, the sparks are flying! I hope Lois isn't jels. Anyway, yeah. Superman. Again. Get ready? [THR]
- Famed slayer of vampires and unmasker of "ghosts" Sarah Michelle Gellar will not only be returning to television in her new CW show Ringer, she's also going to do a little cameo on All My Children, the show that won her her first (and only, boo!) Emmy way back in the time known as "the '90s." She won't be playing her bitchy character Kendall, though, she'll be someone else. So she'll do that and then All My Children will end forever, forever!, and somewhere, back in time, back in the time known as the '80s, my mom will feel a strange something pass through her as she stands folding laundry and time will telescope and zoom in and out and then we'll all just fade away. [EW]
- Showtime has picked up a new show produced by Steve Carell called Laughing Stock, in which comedian David Steinberg interviews other comedians about comedy. People like "Carl Reiner, Mel Brooks, Lily Tomlin, Don Rickles, Carol Burnett, Jerry Seinfeld, Ellen DeGeneres, Judd Apatow, Robin Williams, Sarah Silverman, Chris Rock, Jane Lynch, Tina Fey and Carell." Hm. I wonder how Marc Maron feels about this? I mean, it's not like "Interviewing Comedians" is exactly a new idea, but this is basically the same thing as "WTF," only with visuals? Ah well. Will probably still be interesting! [Deadline]
- Peter Berg is apparently still planning a Friday Night Lights movie, even though how could that ever be a good idea? The show ended beautifully! I swear to god if we have to sit through Tim and Matt and Tyra and Lila and Eric and Tami traipsing across the deserts of Abu Dhabi and saying "Lawrence of my labia," I will not be happy. [Vulture]
- Be still my, uh... Well, my pants. Be still my pants. Sorry everyone. Benjamin Walker, the boombalottie from theater's Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson and Meryl Streep's son-in-law, has been cast as the Archangel Michael in the upcoming Paradise Lost angel battle movie. So he'll be squaring off against Bradley Cooper's Lucifer. And, uh, is there anything in the bible about Michael wearing tight tight pants and doing groin thrusts while singing rock songs? I mean, there's gotta be, right? There just has to be. [Deadline]
- With all this Henry Cavill and Benjamin Walker talk, I feel like we're ignoring the straight fellas. So here's something for you, guys. The next season (or, excuse me, "cycle") of America's Next Top Model will be an all-stars season! Which, hm. "Stars"? How about we call it a "better luck this time" season. "Maybe something will stick this time" season. "We feel a moral obligation to provide for you" season. I just don't know if "stars" is the right word here, is all I'm saying. [THR]