"We were just sitting in the lounge and all of a sudden somebody's running through on fire".
"I didn't see it happen, he was in my bedroom and came running into the lounge," [Shannon] told the newspaper.
The partygoers panicked and tried to put out the fire, which had flames jumping above Hayden's shoulders, catching the bottom of his hair, he said.
Shannon has been charged with "wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm" after he allegedly poured gasoline all over his friend and set him on fire, according to local paper Hawke's Bay Today. The kids these days.
[Image via Shutterstock]