Hugh Jackman held a woman in his arms, and it made him pee. Whitney Houston throw a tantrum on an airplane. Hilary Swank "deeply regrets" war criminal fete. Ashton worries about ratings. Thursday gossip is all wet.
- Hugh Jackman wet his pants onstage, in front of a theater audience. He admitted it on The Rachael Ray Show, which somehow feels like the right place to confess such a thing:
The first show I ever did, singing and dancing, was Beauty and the Beast. I was playing Gaston. Gaston has red tights, knee high boots, and it's very physical. I had headaches everyday for two months. I went to an astropath [psychic] and he said 'Well, you're dehydrated.' So of course I had four liters of water. I go down to the stage, getting ready for my first number… and I'm like I really need to go again. [The routine is] the most cardiovascular song I've ever done: literally I'm picking up Belle and as I pick her up, I stopped singing and right in that moment I realized the muscles you need to release in order to sing are the ones you do not want to release if you need to go. I'm carrying her [over one shoulder] not singing, and she's going 'What's going on? What's going on?' So finally, it's embarrassing at this point. I've not sung an entire verse.
He ended up ruining the song and peeing himself, which is the worst of both worlds. I hope someone tracks down Belle and interviews her about this. "Yes, I can confirm that he messed himself while holding me. Happens all the time, have you seen what bikram yoga has done for my ass? Anyway, show must to go on, so we worked in a bit about Gaston liking watersports. Really glad I took those improv classes." Why is Belle an oblivious yuppie? I don't know, just go with it. Update: Apparently the pee story is a Jackman go-to! He mentioned it to Playboy years ago, and the valiantly sophomoric savants at Videogum have been obsessing about it for a while. [Us, images via Getty]
- Ashton Kutcher is "concerned" about Two and a Half Men's ratings. Really, Ashton? That's what you're worried about right now? [Radar]
- Hilary Swank "deeply regrets" attending a Chechen war criminal's birthday party and wishing him a happy birthday onstage. "If I had a full understanding of what this event was apparently intended to be, I would never have gone." She thought "Chechnya" was a type of somersausage, you see. [TMZ]
- SBeyonce's baby bump conspiracy theory scandal continues. Wendy Williams is Team Fake Bump. [WendyWilliamsShow, Celebitchy]
- Speaking of pregnancy, two of the 16 & Pregnant moms are pregnant again, at the age of 18. One is Kianna Randall, who is currently facing felony charges for robbery. [L&S]
- Anderson Cooper got called to jury duty, and while waiting to see if they assigned him to a trial, "was working away on his BlackBerry" and "took a 20-minute catnap." [P6]
- Whitney Houston "got diva" on a flight attendant who told her she had to buckle her seatbelt before the plane took off. "Sources close to the singer" admit that Whitney "overreacted a little bit… but she's still 100% sober." [TMZ]
- Life & Style says Jennifer Garner's baby is going to be a boy. 50/50 shot they're right, why not? [L&S]