We asked for pictures of your Halloween costumes and boy did you guys deliver. Sure, there were a few silly entries (like "dead Steve Jobs"), but many of them were outstanding. And yet there can only be one winner!
Before we can get to the big cheese of Halloween 2011 and the winner of a $100 Visa Gift Card, here are all the runners-up. If they managed to figure out how to post their picture in the comments, they got a gold star (if they didn't have one already). If they wimped out and emailed them to us, they get nothing but bragging rights.
Here are our favorites in no particular order.
- Most Culturally Sensitive—PaulZak2 as Pinata
- For Guys Only—TalkToBrent as PornHub
- Most Inconvenient at Parties—RLBrown08 as Reebok Pump
- Most Emmy-Worthy Performance—Justin.Canada as Hector Salamanca from Breaking Bad
- Best Baby Dressed as Food—Wagner_Max_Wagner's kid as Sushi
- Best Baby Dressed as Food, Second Place—TeriFinn's kid as Roasted Marshmellow
- Your Mom's Favorite Costume—Drake Motel as Carly Simon
- Gayest Costume on a Budget—ACMaster27 as Sexy German Kid (or something)
- Naughty Girls Need Love Too Award—Janeida Rodriguez as Ursula the Sea Witch
- Too Soon (But So Right)—Jar380 as Russell and Taylor Armstrong
- Cutest Costume We Don't Understand—CynthieLee13's kid as General George Washing Machine
- Best Group, Sci-Fi Category—Lana Draper and Friends as The X-Men
- Best Group, Television Category—Kathleen and Friends as Twin Peaks
- Insomniac's Favorite—Driving Miss Crazy's friend as Shake Weight
- Best MTV Nostalgia—ModernBlitz as Daria and Jane
- Best Video Game Inspiration—Rimmy as Something Kotaku Covers
- The Only Zombie Costume We Want to See—SoundsAboutRight as ZomBEES
- Only Sexy Costume We Want to See—Shannon as Sexy Dexter Victims
- Most Slyly Topical—Kate as Madonna and Her Homeless Brother
- Best Execution of Nostalgia—Jared as Elliot and E.T.
- Most Clever Drag—Ryan and company as Friends of Dorothy
- Adrian Chen Award for Best Katy Perry—Laura as Katy Perry
- Most Post-Racial, Post-Gay—Rahma and her gaggle as Snow Black and the Seven Gays
- Are We Sure This Wasn't Professionally Made?—Danika and friend as Ripley and Power Loader
- AWWWWWWWW—A.M.'s kid as a Beanie Baby
- Original One Percent Realness—Felicia as Marie Antoinette
- Best Steve Jobs Tribute—Chuck's brother as an iPhone
- Best Reality TV Show Inspiration—Whitney and Friends as Toddlers and Tiaras
- Best Superhero—Greg as Spider-Man on Broadway
- Officially Second Place—SHThompson as Licthenstein
Yes, the Lichtenstein above almost won, but then there was another Lichtenstein entry so it lost by a hair to another art-inspired costume that was slightly more original, but just as killer in its execution.
Thanks again to everyone who competed. Can't wait to do it again next year!