It's time to play Match the Quote with the Political Sex Scandal! Why? Well, why not? The rules are complex, but surely you all can figure it out: You match the name of a political figure involved in a sex(ual harassment) scandal with one of his quotes from the time! See? I knew you could figure it out.
You can find the answer key at the bottom. Those who get them all correct will receive, well, a sense of shame for having followed these so closely. Pride, also.
- Herman Cain
- Ex-Sen. Larry Craig
- Ex-Sen. John Edwards
- Ex-Sen. John Ensign
- Ex-Rep. Chris Lee
- Ex-Rep. Eric Massa
- Ex-Gov. Mark Sanford
- Ex-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Sen. David Vitter
- Ex-Rep. Anthony Weiner
- Ex-Rep. David Wu
1. "I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time. While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not."
2. "Our families were close. That closeness put me into situations which led to my inappropriate behavior. We caused deep pain to both families and for that I am sorry."
3. "I have been able to spend time with her during the past year and trust that future efforts to show her the love and affection she deserves can be done privately and in peace."
4. "I have to work this out with my wife."
5. "I was trying to protect my wife, I was trying to protect myself from shame, and I really regret it."
6. "I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there - with God and them."
7. "My behavior was wrong. I should have never allowed myself to be as familiar with my staff as I was."
8. "Again, that overreaction was a mistake, and I apologize for my misjudgment. Furthermore, I should not have kept this arrest to myself, and should have told my family and friends about it. I wasn't eager to share this failure, but I should have done so anyway."
9. "I have never acted inappropriately with anyone."
10. "This is very serious, and I have absolutely no desire to bring unwanted publicity, attention, or stress to a young woman and her family."
11. "I want to make absolutely clear that over the past two days at no time did anyone on my staff intentionally relay false information to other state officials or the public at large. What they've said over the past two days they believed to be true, and I'm sorry to them for putting them in this position."
[Photos via Getty, AP]