India has an opportunity that America has already lost: the opportunity to not have Wal-Marts everywhere. Politicians, business people, and labor advocates in India are currently battling over whether or not to allow Wal-Marts to build retail outlets in their cities.
What would Wal-Marts mean for India, besides more parking space and the complete destruction of local small businesses? Allow us to offer some predictions, from our vast experience...
- Destruction of your national holidays.
- Erosion of your nation's fashion sense.
- A sad end to the honeymoon period.
- A long, slow, trip to hell.
- And an eventual collapse into itself.
[Image via AP]