If you've been anywhere near Twitter this evening, you know something truly wonderful and unique and amazing and THE BEST is happening. In the space of two hours, Kanye West has tweeted 60 times and counting on, uh, his earnest pursuits in the realm of fashion and graphic design and nutrition and architecture and video games and publicity and medicine and law and science and app guys. You think Tom Ford is full of himself? Kanye West shits Tom Fords for breakfast. Then he irons out the shits into cutting-edge fabrics, and frantically cuts, sews, and laces that fabric through the night and into the morning, until he has produced the most unbelievable clothes — nay, FASHION + ART = FARTSHION! — in the universe. And he calls these clothes DONDA. But he calls all that other stuff DONDA, too! DONDA will be your everything. Just you wait and see. And what is DONDA?
It's an acronym for Dis Original N***a Dresses Aight.*
*DONDA is actually the name of Kanye's deceased mother, not the acronym above, which was meant to be the kind of thing Kanye would make up in a late-night creative writing fit, but has offended many people. So sorry, to everyone who was offended, and for the confusion. Sorries all around!
In the meantime, here are the 10 GREATEST DONDA TWEETS OF ALL TIME! EVER!
1. I moved to Japan for one month after that and designed every night in my room... I had this opportunity to intern at Fendi and was also..
2. ...offered a position to at Versace wich I could not take due to my contract with LV which was for 2 years...
3. Early 2011 ... I moved to Paris and opened a small design studio... the language barrier was quite difficult...
4. Being a celebrity has afforded me many opportunities but has also boxed me in creatively.
5. I was just discussing becoming the creative director for the Jetson movie and someone on the call yelled out.. you should do a Jetsons tour!
6. I have started a new company and I'm so excited about the name.... it's got the best name ever of all companies of all time!!!....
7. The name of the company is DONDA
8. I care about people who have never heard of me... There are over 7 billion people on the planet now...
9. We can collectively effect the world trough design. We need to pick up where steve jobs left off
10. Spike Jonze and I want to do a Summer school that tries new forms of cuuriculim
[@kanyewest, Photo via AP]