Haters: when will this "Millennial" generation get to stop dealing with them? Probably never, if a new study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (and Haterz) is any indication. Contrary to the common knowledge on Twitter that Millennials are the most special and in general best generation thus far, the study found that they are, in fact, "more civically and politically disengaged, more focused on materialistic values, and less concerned about helping the larger community than were GenX (born 1962-1981) and Baby Boomers (born 1946 to about 1961) at the same ages."
Haters: still hating. Don't let the bitter taste of haterade discourage you, Millennials. What jealz olds don't want to admit is that you are the generation "most hip," as they would say. Consider your accomplishments:
- Basically invented Twitter.
- Most retweets of any generation.
- Basically invented Foursquare.
- Elected "Mayor of All Generations" on Foursquare.
- Checked into your mom on Foursquare like a million times, look it up bitchez.
- Basically invented dubstep (look it up).
- I feel like, you know, our parents and all of them were like, you know, they came out of college and they had a job waiting, or they would just go be hippies and everything was fine, but for us, what do you do, you know? And we have to deal with that.
- Basically invented listicles.
- Highest-rated generation among 18-29 year-old demographic.
- Not ugly like old people are.
- Voted "Generation You Most Want to Fuck."
- Basically invented jenkem.