The whole field of philosophy is currently engaged in a self-referential argument over whether or not it is a "science," entirely because philosophers believe that being a "science" would get them more respect. Much of academia suffers from the same competitive affliction. Until now.
We are solving this entire problem, by revealing the exact order of all academic fields of study, ranked by how real they are. (Completely fake fields of study have been left off the list.) What makes one field more "real" than another? Don't act like you don't know. Come on.
2. Astronomy or other Space Science
8. Biology or other Life Science
9. Foreign language (Useful type)
10. Computer Science
12. Geology or other Earth Science
19. Study of Some Foreign Place or Culture
22. Religion or Theology
25. Foreign Language (Useless type)
26. Political Science
27. Drama or Film
28. Phys Ed, Sports Management or other Major Designed For Athletes
29. Journalism or "Communications"
[Image: cb-agulto/ Flickr]