The CDC has released its big huge annual report about this nation in which we live (America), and how our health is, here (in America). A special highlight this year is a detailed look at exactly how being poor and/ or uneducated will screw your health. (In addition to your sociopolitical status and fundamental sense of human dignity.) Don't like being disadvantaged? Don't worry, you'll die soon. A rundown:
Americans with less education...
- Have higher rates of obesity among their children.
- Breastfeed their children less.
- Have a significantly shorter life expectancy.
- Are far more likely to be obese, if they're women (but not men!).
- Are more likely to smoke.
- Are less likely to get tested for colorectal cancer.
- Have kids that spend more time watching television.
- Are less likely to have insurance for themselves and their families.
- Are more likely to have kids with ADD.
- Are less likely to get their kids regular dental care.
- Have higher rates of depression.
- Are more likely to have a disability.
- Are far more likely to have lost all of their teeth.
- Are more likely to delay needed medical care due to cost.