The great American pastime of reading musicians' touring demands now encompasses the current crop of electronic producer/DJs under the stylistic umbrella of "EDM." The blog EDMsnob has leaked a host of riders from the likes of David Guetta, Afrojack, Paul Van Dyk, DJ Pauly D and current Rolling Stone cover mask-wearer deadmau5. Some of these are years old, and most of them are not unreasonable at all, but there are amusing tidbits to be gleaned. Here are a few:
deadmau5 is a Fanta-drinking, Starburst-averse, sock-wearing inflatable-animal humper*.
From his rider:
- 1 large inflatable animal, inflated and at least 5' tall
- 4 cans or bottles of a carbonated orange drink, preferably "Fanta"
- 1 bag of cheese strings
- 1 bar of orange chocolate
- 1 pair of white socks and 1 pair of black socks for size 9
- 2 bags of sweets (any kind but Starburst preferable) (Ed note.: Does this mean that Starbursts are preferable, or that any kind but Starbursts is preferable?)
*It is possible that he does not hump the five-foot inflatable animal.
Afrojack is very tall.
- All accommodations and facilities (bed, shower, room and so on) have to be suitable for a person over 2 meters/6.79 feet in height during the entire stay.
- It's required to book business class seat for the artist (because of his length 2.07meters/6.79 feet).
- Organizer will pay for and provide a 4/5 * hotel room per person, two rooms in total, 1 with a king-size bed. (Because of the length of the artist 2.07meters/6.79 feet).
- Cars used for transportation must be of certain comfort and safety level and comfortably fit a 6.79ft person...
David Guetta is into foam.**
- Foam for Teddy Bear
- Foam Hands
- Foam Stars
- Truss with Foamcore
- Walls in Foamcore
**To be fair, this is all for his stage show.
Calvin Harris consumes a lot of vitamins.
DJ Pauly D is a sadomasochist.
- 4 Bottles of house champagne to spray crowd
- ABSOLUTELY NO use of MTV name/logo and Jersey Shore logo in any and all promotional materials.
The Crystal Method are way classier than their name implies.
- Bottle of Red Wine made w/organic grapes or "bio-dynamic" (Minimum Retail value-$20 per bottle)
Soulwax are giant pains in the ass.
- One (1) hot omnivore entrée
- One (1) hot vegetarian entrée
- One (1) hot omnivore main dish
- One (1) hot vegetarian main dish
- Two (2) Bottles of champagne (Dom Perignon – MUST be vintage)
- Thirty (30) Bottles of natural SPRING water, NO DASANI or BONAQUA or AQUAFINA (Ed. note: I mean, fine, who drinks Aquafina? But it's fucking water.)
Groove Armada are into kitsch.
- 2 identical fridge magnets of local interest & a novelty beer bottle opener
And Roger Sanchez is destroyable.
- TEN Cans of Regular RedBull (NO SUGAR FREE IN BOOTH, ROGER IS ALLERGIC)
- DINNER FOR 18 PEOPLE Menu rotation — Mon: BBQ night, Tue: Asian night, Wed: Mexican night, Thur: American night, Fri: Carving night (include Tri tip and Ham), Sat: Pasta Bar (assorted pasta types, meats, veggies, sauces), Sun: Turkey dinner with all the trimmings.
- One (1) Small plate of cheese (non-smelly, non-sweaty) ON ICE & whole wheat / healthy crackers
- Please have someone assist Jaclyn to the stage for placement of two cases of small bottles of water, two times per show day. Once for "LADY GAGA" sound check then just before "LADY GAGA" show time. Water does not need to be flip/top caps. ANYTHING GOES! Room temperature is fine in its original box.
- THE HONEY IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLUS ALL NECESSARY SPOONS, MUGS & NAPKINS
[Image via Getty]