George Clooney and Stacy Keibler Were Poisoned (With Food)

Look, is it news that George Clooney and Stacy Keibler got food poisoning in Italy? Is it absolutely essential that you know a high-profile Hollywood couple ate an improperly prepared meal and had it coming out of both ends?

Of course not. Unfortunately, we are flawed individuals, and we like to know that pretty people have problems, too — particularly when those problems involve something as embarrassing as intestinal distress.

Food poisoning is one of the great equalizers: no one, regardless of Academy Award nominations, waist size, or "Best Dressed" lists, can be hot or glamorous while expelling tainted food from his or her system. That's just the way it is. It's something we might not think about often — do A-list celebrities even go to the bathroom? — but it's sort of exciting when we do.

Keibler was the one who broke the news via Twitter: "Finally had a bad meal in Italy, our whole dinner party got food poisoning ‪#ohwell‬ at least I'm still in Italy."

Yes, "food poisoning," the best euphemism for a condition that generally involves diarrhea and throwing up. I'm not saying we have to think about the details — I'm just saying it humanizes larger-than-life stars.

Everybody poops. Even George Clooney.

[Image via AP]