A new study conducted by Trojan condoms found that Americans are, on average, having more sex per week than they were having last year. The small online poll asked 1,000 people in 10 major cities (a sampling of the country, really) to complete a survey about their sexual habits. And, in 2012, the year of our lord and E.L. James, Americans did It approximately 151 times. Last year it was a prudish 120.
But what good is sex if it's not good sex? This year's findings showed that 67% of Americans are satisfied with their sex lives, compared to last year's 76%. Everyone should be themselves and not be afraid to ask for what they want. Know your bodies, they are temples.
Guess what else? Some parts of the country (I'm looking at you Bay Area) are having less sex than everybody else. Though at least they are having satisfactory sex, while over in Dallas they are 47% more likely to fake an orgasm.
What else hath Trojan gleaned from its results? Let's see:
- Atlantans have had the most partners (25 on average) and have the highest sex drive.
- Welcome to MeeAhmee, where they are the most sexually satisfied. I've never been but I have seen The Bird Cage and they definitely seemed pretty happy.
- 78% of New Yorkers use a vibrator with their partners.
- Midwesterners are the most "thrill-seeking," which means what? They bungee jump mid-coitus?
- 53% of Southerners polled reported that their sex life "needs to be charged."
So there you have it. The world (ten states) according to Trojan.