Man Forced to Learn the Hard Way Not to Set Off Fireworks Inside His Own AssS

A 23-year-old is in hospital today after suffering extensive burns following an attempt to delight party-goers with the ol' "firecrackers between the butt cheeks" gag.

The low-rent pyrotechnician, who aptly resides near Darwin, Australia, was reportedly intoxicated when he decided to shove a firework up his bum and light it.

"What must of seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits" said Senior Sergeant Garry Smith of the Northern Territory Police.

The unidentified man rushed himself to the Royal Darwin Hospital before paramedics arrived on the scene. Authorities say he may require treatment at a specialist burns unit in Adelaide.

In addition to the physical injuries he sustained, the man might also be required to pay a fine for handling fireworks after July 1st — the only day Northern Territory residents can legally set them off.

[photo via Shutterstock]