When I think of things that should be in a political convention swag bag, I think colorful t-shirts, buttons, and unnecessary bridge-building projects for my district. The Republicans disappointed. The Democrats are even worse.
Everything in the official DNC media swag bag:
- One Piedmont Natural Gas-branded Charlotte 2012 floppy plastic water bottle and carabiner.
- One issue, Charlotte Business Journal.
- One Charlotte 2012 Visitor's Guide.
- One "Awesome Mini Game Pack" consisting of a handful of cardboard cards.
- One Belk-branded leather-like portfolio.
- One Charlotte 2012 fan, non-electric.
- One advertisement for the Madeline Albright "Read My Pins" exhibit at the Mint Museum.
- One AT&T-branded tote bag.
- One mini can of Coke Zero.
If anyone would like to appoint me to a variety of influential positions in exchange for these collectible items, email me. The Coke is gone though.