Brothers Spend Lottery Windfall on Meth, Accidentally Blow Up Their Own House

Fresh off a $75,000 windfall from a winning lottery ticket, two brothers who sought to celebrate with copious amounts of meth and marijuana ended up blowing up their house instead.

Local police say one of the brothers was in the kitchen, emptying out large cans of butane lighter fluid into butane torches they planned to use as bong lighters.

"The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom," said Wichita Police spokesman Sgt. Bruce Watts.

"That took care of that celebration real fast, I guess," joked next-door neighbor Mary Jewett.

The bong-refueling brother sustained multiple second-degree burns and was hospitalized in serious but stable condition.

According to the Wichita Eagle, the 27-year-old "was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion."

The other brother was arrested a short time later after admitting to possession of marijuana and methamphetamine.

[screengrab via KWCH]