Coroners have ruled that Peaches Geldof, who was found dead at age 25 in April, died from a heroin overdose. The actress, singer, and daughter of Irish icon Bob Geldof had been taking methadone for two and a half years prior to her death, according to the BBC.

Geldof had begun using heroin again in February, her husband Tom Cohen said at a recent hearing. Geldof had previously struggled with heroin addiction and had been taking weekly drug tests for two years, but Cohen believed that she'd been lying about the test results.

According to the coroner's report, the heroin Geldof was using was much higher quality than street level.

Via the BBC:

Det Ch Insp Paul Fotheringham, who led the investigation, said "importation quality" heroin with a purity of 61% - "far exceeding" the 26% purity usually found at street level - was found in a black cloth bag inside a cupboard over a bedroom door.

"The black bag also contained 34 medical syringes, some were with needles and some without, some were sealed in original packaging and some contained traces of a brown coloured residue," he said.

"There were also 45 packaged and sealed syringes, alcohol wipes and cotton buds."

The coroner's report also mentioned that there was evidence of codeine, methadone, and morphine in her system.

[Image via AP]