Pasta-Making Machine Severs Teen's Arm From Elbow Down

Never clean a pasta-making machine again: a teenager in Massena, NY just had his arm severed at the elbow when it was caught in a pasta-making machine while he was cleaning it. He is in serious condition at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Brett Bouchard, 17, was working at Violi's, an Italian restaurant on the Canadian border when the incident happened. The restaurant's manager, Mia Violi, told The Watertown Daily Times that "employees are trying to figure out how the machine got activated while he was cleaning it."

Sleep tight, everyone. Pasta isn't your friend after all.

[Image via Watertown Daily Times]