The Wall Street Journal has again published the insane complaints of clueless rich people. This time, Fed chair Janet Yellen's neighbors are upset about her security guards' "doughnut bellies."
Yellen, who is rich herself, has lived in the Georgetown gated community of Hillandale with her husband for a couple years. Now that she's the first female Fed chair, she understandably needs security detail. That need is not understood by her neighbors, however. Here are their complaints, which center on the guards' weight, dress, and perceived incompetence.
- "Now we have this group, overweight, wearing the most ridiculous blue uniforms with the most ridiculous blue caps, and they have guns that are visible."
- "... These characters are only here for Janet Yellen. They're not going to be distracted by robbers, rapists or any other thing. Besides, these guys couldn't catch a thief if their lives depended on it."
- The guards have been seen "schlepping fast food" and carrying "takeout pizza." They have "doughnut bellies."
- The guards make the Quakers in the neighborhood uncomfortable.
- The security detail is an "enormous government cost to taxpayers."
One resident prefers the good old days when former FBI director Robert Mueller lived in the neighborhood. "Bob Mueller, who you would think would have a much more dangerous job dealing with terrorists all over the world, had people who were businesslike, didn't socialize and waited for him outside the gate," she says. Resident Sallie Forman concurs, "People come to live in Hillandale because of the quality of our residential community, and that is something that we need to maintain."
At least one Hillandale neighbor is okay with the increased security. George Hill tells the Journal, "Very intelligent and articulate and expressive people live in neighborhoods like ours, and I think sometimes they over-articulate and over-express."
[Image via AP]