Today in "silly things people do around fire" comes the tale of one man from Olathe, Kansas, who ran back into his burning house to save his Xbox.
The Daily Dot reports that an as-of-yet unnamed man woke up, realized his house was on fire, made it outside, and promptly ran back in to save his gaming system (there's no word yet as to whether it was a 360, a new "Xbone," or perhaps—the horror—an original console). Although the fire caused $80,000 in damages, the man made it out safely with nothing more harmful than a bit of smoke inhalation (beloved Xbox in tow) which really isn't the worst outcome.
In an effort to ascertain whether this is normal gamer behavior, I asked my little brother what he would do if the house caught on fire and his Xbox was inside, and he said, "Uhhh, I'd prolly be really bummed out, and grab it if I could, but I don't think it would be the first thing."
It is unclear how the fire was started, but apparently it had something to do with "an electrical junction box."
[Screengrab via this YouTube video]