Man’s Penis Amputated After “Enthusiastic” Viagra Overdose

A 66-year-old farmer and “self-proclaimed politician” from the town of Gigante, Huila in Colombia apparently—and “enthusiastically”—took too much Viagra in an attempt to “please his new girlfriend.” According to a local paper, he then suffered an erection for several days before going to a local hospital when the perma-boner began to cause pain.

By the time he was seen by medical professionals, they noted his penis was inflamed, fractured, and showing signs of gangrene. Local doctors were “alarmed by the complexity of the issue” and transferred him to a hospital in Neiva. Neiva doctors, in order to stop the gangrene from spreading to other parts of his body, determined the only option was to amputate the penis. He is now recovering and “doing well.”

The hospital then issued a warning to locals, advising them to abstain from using erection-enhancing drugs to “avoid incidents like this.” Other incidents like this, according to The Daily Mail, are becoming more common. Just this week, a 25-year-old Yemeni man died of a Viagra overdose on his wedding day after taking five pills before going home to sleep with his new wife. He collapsed and died immediately following the reception.

[Image via La Nacion]