A man was electrocuted to death on Saturday when he accidentally touched a powerline while trying to post pictures of a sunset to Facebook.
David Strohm, 27, successfully posted a set of the pictures to Facebook Saturday evening from a tree in his parent's backyard in Tustin, California. Not long after, friends and family noticed he was missing and began looking for him. They found his body Sunday morning, still in the tree.
"After he took the pictures and posted them on Facebook, he came in contact with some power lines up in the tree," Orange County Fire Authority Captain Steve Concialdi told KNX 1070's Bob Brill.
Concialdi told the Orange County Register that Strohm often climbed the tree, though he added the he was not sure how the 27-year-old came in contact with the power lines.
"Our message is: stay away," Concialdi told the paper. "Electricity is so dangerous."
Strohm lived at home with his step-father and mother, who found his body the next day after spotting his cell phone in the grass near the tree.
"Our hearts go out to the family,' Concialdi said. "It was a very tragic scene."
[Image via CBS LA]