'Noxious Odor' That Shut Down School Turns Out to Be Axe Body SprayS

A Brooklyn prep school was briefly shut down yesterday and eight students were hospitalized after a noxious gas was released into one of the classrooms that later turned out to be Axe body spray.

EMS were called in to the Medgar Evers College Preparatory School in Crown Heights around 1 p.m. after a "hazardous" substance caused several sixth graders to take ill.

In a statement released by the Department of Education, the incident was blamed on "Axe Spray" being released inside the classroom by a student.

The statement goes on to say that the incident is being investigated and "disciplinary action is pending."

NewsFeed points out that Pennsylvania high school went so far as to ban Axe from its halls following the hospitalization of one of its students. In Connecticut, a high school's fire alarm was set off by a student using an "overabundance" of the spray.