Three Pennsylvania prison guards were suspended this week for allegedly arranging for inmates to fight each other and get hazed in exchange for snacks.
- Fighting each other in a closet
- Drinking a gallon of milk in one hour
- Taking a punch to the arm without falling
- Snorting a crushed up candy
- Drinking a bottle of water with pepper foam in it
- Eating fruit with the peels still on them
- Eating a spoonful of cinnamon
- Being sprayed with pepper foam in the face.
The prisoners say that in exchange for their participation, they were promised food and coffee that rarely materialized.
One inmate, who called the activities the "Retard Olympics," said he wrestled other inmates until his air supply was cut off and allowed guards to punch him in exchange for extra coffee and snacks. According to the inmate, he received almost nothing from the guards.
The guards, David Michael Whitcomb, 28, Mark Andrew Haynes, 26, and Daniel H. Graff, 37, say the allegations are untrue.