On last night's Late Show, David Letterman grilled America's sacred moonchild/actress Shailene Woodley for over three minutes on her well-known clay-eating habit. During her answers, she came off as both a good sport and a good sport who takes her clay-eating and good-sporting very seriously.
Here are some things we learned:
- She orders her clay online.
- People in indigenous cultures all over the world eat clay daily.
- Clay and dirt are made from different matter; they are different earth materials.
- She eats a teaspoon a day.
- She brushes her teeth with clay, actually.
- Clay binds to other material in your body and helps your body excrete materials like toxins and heavy metals.
"I'm not joking, look it up, it's really interesting," she said at one point. How very.