U.S. Military Removes Ban on Transgender Troops Serving Openly

The Pentagon will no longer ban transgender people from serving openly in the U.S. military, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced this afternoon.

The Pentagon will no longer ban transgender people from serving openly in the U.S. military, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced this afternoon.
On Tuesday, Defense Secretary Ash Carter told Congress that the United States military will deploy a new, permanent “expeditionary force” to Iraq, escalating the fight there against ISIS.
In an interview Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Defense Secretary Ash Carter said that the Iraqi military lacked the “will to fight” the resurgent Islamic State, demonstrated by the loss of Ramadi to militant forces last week.