58 Killed in Double Suicide Bombing at Refugee Camp in Nigeria as Soldiers Accused of Aiding Boko Haram

At least 58 people were killed in a double suicide bombing at a refugee camp in Dikwa, in northeast Nigeria, on Tuesday, Agence France-Presse reports. A third suicide bomber surrendered to authorities after realizing her family was in the camp, officials said.
Children Reportedly Burn to Death After Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Attack Nigerian Village, Killing 86
A horrific firebomb attack in Nigeria has reportedly left 86 dead, with survivors saying children were among those targeted by the extremist group Boko Haram.
15 Dead After Two Young Female Suicide Bombers Attack Market in Nigeria
Two female suicide bombers—one as young as 11—blew themselves up at a crowded mobile phone market in the city of Kano, in northeast Nigeria, killing at least 15 people, a day after a bomb blast elsewhere in the country left more than 30 dead.
Boko Haram Thought to Be Responsible for Nigeria Bombing Leaving 32 Dead
An overnight suicide bombing, thought to be the work of Boko Haram, left at least 32 people dead and around 80 wounded at a truck stop in northeastern Nigeria on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. It had been three weeks since Nigeria’s last bombing.
Nigerian Military Claims to Have Freed Over 300 Captives Held by Boko Haram
The Nigerian military said Tuesday that it had freed more than 300 people held by Boko Haram in its Sambisa forest stronghold. A news release said that eight men, 138 women, and 192 children were rescued and at least 30 Boko Haram fighters killed.
Double Suicide Bomb Attack Kills Dozens at Nigerian Mosque: Report
Witnesses say a double suicide bomb attack killed dozens inside a mosque in Maiduguri, reports The Guardian. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but the report mentions that Boko Haram recently claimed responsibility for suicide attacks that killed 18 and injured another 41 outside Abuja.
Nigerian Army Frees 101 Children, 77 Adults From Boko Haram
On Sunday, the Nigerian army announced it had destroyed several Boko Haram terrorist camps, rescuing 178 captives, the BBC reports.
Survivors: Boko Haram Stoned Girls on Brink of Rescue to Death
Earlier this week, as the Nigerian military approached their camp in the Sambisa Forest, Boko Haram fighters stoned some of their captives to death, survivors told the Associated Press. Several women were crushed by a Nigerian military armored car, and, later, three were killed by a land mine as they walked to freedom.
Report: 200 Girls, 93 Women Freed From Terrorist Camp by Nigerian Army
On Tuesday, 200 girls and 93 women were rescued from a terrorist camp in the Sambisa Forest by the Nigerian Armed Forces, reports CNN.
ISIS Accepts Pledge of Allegiance From Boko Haram
Great news if you're an aspiring teen jihadist: ISIS has reportedly accepted Nigerian terror group Boko Haram's pledge of allegiance. ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani announced the deal on Thursday in a speech distributed across social media, according to the SITE Intelligence Group.
Nigerian Elections Postponed as Fight Against Boko Haram Escalates
The Nigerian electoral commission has decided to postpone the presidential and legislative elections scheduled for February 14th, the Associated Press reports. The six-week delay will allow a newly-formed multinational force the opportunity to reclaim areas controlled by Boko Haram.
Boko Haram Repelled in Week's Second Assault on Major Nigerian City
Boko Haram's second attempt to take the major northeastern Nigerian city of Maiduguri in a week was defeated Sunday, leaving an estimated hundreds of fighters and around a dozen civilians dead, the Associated Press reports.
At Least 200 Killed in Boko Haram Assault on Major Nigerian City
Islamist group Boko Haram launched an assault from three fronts on Maiduguri, a city of 2 million people in Nigeria's northeast, early Sunday morning, the Associated Press reports. This latest attack was repelled, and at least 200 combatants were killed.
Boko Haram Suspected in Cross-Border Attack and Kidnapping
Fighters suspected of being members of Boko Haram kidnapped around 80 people Sunday in an attack on villages across the border from Nigeria in Cameroon, Reuters reports. Many of those taken were children.
Deadliest-Ever Boko Haram Raid Leaves Hundreds Dead in Nigeria: Reports
An attack by Boko Haram on Baga, Nigeria, was the deadliest in the history of the militant group, according to a statement from Amnesty International. Musa Alhaji Bukar, a local government official, told the BBC he feared that 2,000 people had been killed in the massacre.
At Least 48 Students Killed in Suicide Blast at Nigerian High School
Forty-eight students were killed and at least 79 were injured after a suicide bomber dressed as a student detonated during a 2,000-student school assembly at the Government Technical Science College in Potiskum, Nigeria on Monday.
Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire, Says Kidnapped Girls Are Now Married
In a video released late Friday night, the leader of Islamist militant group Boko Haram claimed Nigeria's kidnapped schoolgirls have all been converted to Islam and married off.
