Israel Forgives Itself For Death of Four Palestinian Children

During last summer’s war in Gaza, in July, an Israeli missile strike killed four Palestinian boys on a beach. Many witnessed the incident, including journalists. Now, Israel has exonerated itself, the Guardian reports, with the advocate general’s office calling the boys’ death a “tragic accident.”
Gaza Man "Cheated" Into Selling Banksy Painted on His Door for $175
When Banksy lands in a city and begins a street art-making spree, there's a routine that usually follows. First, the stenciled paintings are ignored, then, after people realize what they are, they are gawked at and occasionally vandalized. Eventually, they are cordoned off and protected from the public, and finally,…
The NSA Helped Israel Blackmail Palestinians
Scores of former members of Israeli military intelligence's very secret and quite elite Unit 8200 have publicly refused to collect information that is "used for political persecution" or "driving parts of Palestinian society against itself." Courteous allies at the NSA, we now know, helped make that spying possible.
Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Level Seven-Story Office Building
The AP reports Israeli airstrikes leveled a seven-story office building and "severely damaged" a two-story commercial building in the southern town of Rafah early Sunday.
Egypt Calls for an Open-Ended Cease-Fire in the Gaza Strip
After the collapse of a temporary cease-fire betweens Palestinians and Israel earlier this week, the AP reports that today Egypt called for an open-ended cease-fire in the Gaza Strip.
Hamas Admits to Kidnapping, Killing Three Israeli Teens
Senior Hamas leader Salah Arouri said in a news conference yesterday that Hamas was indeed responsible for the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teens that sparked the current crisis in Gaza. While Hamas has praised the act before, no Hamas official has explicitly taken credit for it.
Israel Launches Series of Airstrikes, Kills Hamas Chief's Wife and Son
Just hours after rockets fired from Gaza broke Israelis' and Palestinians' cease-fire agreement, the Israeli military has claimed to have killed the wife and young son of Hamas military commander Mohammed Deif in a torrent of airstrikes on Gaza. Reuters is reporting Israel has launched 60 airstrikes on Gaza and Hamas…
Israel and Gaza Break Cease-fire With Rockets
Hours after agreeing to extend their cease-fire for another 24-hours, Israel and Palestinians broke their truce by firing rockets at each other. Israel's attacks are reportedly in retaliation for three rockets fired from Gaza on Tuesday. No casualties have been reported after the rockets landed in an open area near…
The Cease-fire in Gaza Is Over, and Israel Has Ended Negotiations
The 72-hour cease-fire ended in Gaza this morning after Hamas fired at least 18 rockets into Israel, and Israel responded with airstrikes. According to the BBC, a 12-year-old Palestinian boy was killed in a strike near Gaza City. Almost 2,000 people have died in the conflict so far, including 414 Palestinian children.
British Foreign Office Minister Resigns Over Government's Gaza Policy
Sayeeda Warsi took to Twitter early this morning to announce her resignation from her position as a senior British Foreign Office minister for faith and communities, citing the government's "morally indefensible" approach to the ongoing crisis in Gaza. When she was appointed in 2010, Warsi became the first Muslim to…
Israel Pulls All Troops Out of Gaza
In light of the 72-hour cease-fire that began this morning, Israel says it's pulled all of its troops out of Gaza. Gen. Moti Almoz said, "There were a number of forces inside. But all of them have left." Israel and Hamas will now try to reach a long-term peace deal in Cairo.
Israel and Hamas Agree to Egypt's 72-Hour Cease-fire Deal
Israel and Hamas agreed today to a three-day cease-fire plan proposed by Egypt to begin at 5 a.m. local time Tuesday. The agreement includes an invitation for delegations from Israel and Palestine to travel to Cairo to discuss a potential long-term peace deal.
Here Is a List of Wars That Started Over Major Horseshit
Fifty years ago today, President Lyndon Johnson launched strikes against North Vietnam for attacking U.S. warships without provocation in the Tonkin Gulf. Six days later, Congress passed a "Gulf of Tonkin resolution" giving Johnson carte blanche to make war in Vietnam. It was a thin pretext for protracted conflict.
Anonymous Declares Cyber War on Israel, Downs Mossad Site, Many Others
They're Back. Anonymous has launched a full-frontal assault on the Israeli government's web presence over recent events in Gaza. It's alleged that the attacks escalated after the death of Tayeb Abu Shehada, 22, a Palestinian protestor shot wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. Here's the running tally of downed sites:
Here Is an Israeli Paper Column Titled "When Genocide Is Permissible"
This morning, the not-so-subtly pro-settler, pro-war Times of Israel published an op-ed explaining that genocide is okay when the victims are Gazans. The paper quickly thought better of it, and took down the piece. We saved it here in its entirety, because it's an important window into a terrible mindset.
50 Palestinians Killed, Israeli Soldier Captured as Cease-fire Fails
Less than two hours after it began, the cease-fire between Hamas and Israel collapsed, resulting in the deaths of at least 50 Palestinians and two Israeli soldiers. Hamas militants also reportedly captured an Israeli soldier, though it's unclear if the abduction took place before or after the truce's start.
U.S and U.N. Announce 72-Hour Humanitarian Cease-fire in Gaza
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and U.S Secretary Of State John Kerry announced in a joint statement today an unconditional, 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire between Israel and Hamas that will begin Friday at 8 a.m. local time.
This Israeli Government Account Is Tweeting Out Bullshit Graphic Pics
As long as we're on the subject today of bullshit photos being posted by partisans in the Israel/Gaza saga, here's the story of a spurious, brutally graphic anti-Muslim allegation that's been propagated on a bizarre Twitter account run by Israel's version of the State Department.
David Frum's Apology for His Nutty Theory Links to More Nutty Theories
Atlantic senior editor David Frum was ridiculed this week for pushing a conspiracy theory about photos of suffering Gazans that he based on a crazy blog. Yesterday, Frum issued a "sorry not sorry" apology with more conspiratorial accusations. And he backed them up with another crazy blog, one that even Wikipedia won't…
