Israeli Airstrikes in Gaza Level Seven-Story Office Building

The AP reports Israeli airstrikes leveled a seven-story office building and "severely damaged" a two-story commercial building in the southern town of Rafah early Sunday.

The AP reports Israeli airstrikes leveled a seven-story office building and "severely damaged" a two-story commercial building in the southern town of Rafah early Sunday.

After the collapse of a temporary cease-fire betweens Palestinians and Israel earlier this week, the AP reports that today Egypt called for an open-ended cease-fire in the Gaza Strip.
Senior Hamas leader Salah Arouri said in a news conference yesterday that Hamas was indeed responsible for the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teens that sparked the current crisis in Gaza. While Hamas has praised the act before, no Hamas official has explicitly taken credit for it.
Just hours after rockets fired from Gaza broke Israelis' and Palestinians' cease-fire agreement, the Israeli military has claimed to have killed the wife and young son of Hamas military commander Mohammed Deif in a torrent of airstrikes on Gaza. Reuters is reporting Israel has launched 60 airstrikes on Gaza and Hamas…
Hours after agreeing to extend their cease-fire for another 24-hours, Israel and Palestinians broke their truce by firing rockets at each other. Israel's attacks are reportedly in retaliation for three rockets fired from Gaza on Tuesday. No casualties have been reported after the rockets landed in an open area near…
Inevitable Democratic candidate for president in 2016 Hillary Clinton rocked Matt Drudge's world this weekend when she criticized President Obama's foreign policy in an interview with The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg. Clinton, who gave the interview before Obama authorized airstrikes on ISIS in Iraq, said the…
The AP reports that Palestinian negotiators have accepted an Egyptian proposal for a 72-hour cease-fire with Israel.
The 72-hour cease-fire ended in Gaza this morning after Hamas fired at least 18 rockets into Israel, and Israel responded with airstrikes. According to the BBC, a 12-year-old Palestinian boy was killed in a strike near Gaza City. Almost 2,000 people have died in the conflict so far, including 414 Palestinian children.
In light of the 72-hour cease-fire that began this morning, Israel says it's pulled all of its troops out of Gaza. Gen. Moti Almoz said, "There were a number of forces inside. But all of them have left." Israel and Hamas will now try to reach a long-term peace deal in Cairo.
Israel and Hamas agreed today to a three-day cease-fire plan proposed by Egypt to begin at 5 a.m. local time Tuesday. The agreement includes an invitation for delegations from Israel and Palestine to travel to Cairo to discuss a potential long-term peace deal.
They're Back. Anonymous has launched a full-frontal assault on the Israeli government's web presence over recent events in Gaza. It's alleged that the attacks escalated after the death of Tayeb Abu Shehada, 22, a Palestinian protestor shot wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. Here's the running tally of downed sites:
According to a new report in German newspaper Der Spiegel, Israeli officials intercepted phone calls made by Secretary of State John Kerry during peace talks between Israel, Palestine, and Arab states last year. Israel reportedly used information gleaned from the calls to better position themselves in negotiations.
This morning, the not-so-subtly pro-settler, pro-war Times of Israel published an op-ed explaining that genocide is okay when the victims are Gazans. The paper quickly thought better of it, and took down the piece. We saved it here in its entirety, because it's an important window into a terrible mindset.
Less than two hours after it began, the cease-fire between Hamas and Israel collapsed, resulting in the deaths ofat least50 Palestinians and two Israeli soldiers. Hamas militants also reportedly captured an Israeli soldier, though it's unclear if the abduction took place before or after the truce's start.
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and U.S Secretary Of State John Kerry announced in a joint statement today an unconditional, 72-hour humanitarian cease-fire between Israel and Hamas that will begin Friday at 8 a.m. local time.
As long as we're on the subject today of bullshit photos being posted by partisans in the Israel/Gaza saga, here's the story of a spurious, brutally graphic anti-Muslim allegation that's been propagated on a bizarre Twitter account run by Israel's version of the State Department.
Atlantic senior editor David Frum was ridiculed this week for pushing a conspiracy theory about photos of suffering Gazans that he based on a crazy blog. Yesterday, Frum issued a "sorry not sorry" apology with more conspiratorial accusations. And he backed them up with another crazy blog, one that even Wikipedia won't…
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu put Israel's military plans plainly this morning: "We have neutralized dozens of terror tunnels and we are committed to complete this mission, with or without a cease-fire." The Israeli army has called up 16,000 more reservists and asked the U.S. for more ammunition.
Earlier today, a school being used as a U.N. shelter was shelled in Gaza, killing at least 17 Palestinians and injuring 90. Israel took some responsibility for the attack, explaining that its military "fired back after its soldiers were targeted by mortar rounds launched from the vicinity of the school." The U.S. …
A newspaper in New Zealand had to issue an apology this week after running a photo of deceased Jackass star Ryan Dunn instead of Israeli soldier Guy Boyland, who was killed in Gaza this month.