This morning I was disturbed to learn that a California-bound American Airlines flight was diverted back to London after several passengers and at least one flight attendant fell sick with a mysterious illness. Then I actually read the article and, frankly, it was horrifying.
Via the Washington Post:
5. Passengers on the plane became fearful after one flight attendant collapsed and rumors of airborne contamination spread throughout the cabin, according to accounts from several people on board.
4. “It was probably as tense as anyone wants to be 30,000 feet in the air,” passenger Eric Winter told CBS.
3. “I saw an older gentleman — unfortunately, he had thrown up all over himself,” he added.
2. One flight attendant “literally just fainted … just fell forward, put her hand out and hit the floor,” passenger Kris Evans told ABC News. “It was crazy.”
1. The New York Times reported that dizziness and loss of consciousness are symptoms that have been associated with “jet engine fumes leaking into the cabin.”
“Our maintenance team conducted a thorough inspection of the aircraft, including a test flight, and found no issues with the Boeing 777-300,” says American Airlines.
I feel sick.