Man, was that a gas or what? Two-plus hours of doddering and selective senility, with a surprise splosh party and French manicure attack thrown in for good measure! One day, we'll have a better understanding of what the Murdochian Inquisition meant in the grand scheme of things; but for now, let's just take a moment to savor the bounty of fresh memes it's produced. These memes to us be blessed, amen.
- The requisite fake Wendi Murdoch Twitter account offers nuggets of insight like this one: "No logic in Gold Digger comments. If I was in it for money I would WANT people hurling things at Rupy. #caseclosed #judochop"
- Meanwhile, the real Twitter account for failed pie-rrorist Jonnie Marbles (nee Jonathan May-Bowles) is being updated regularly. The last tweet before his moment of infamy: "It is a far better thing that I do now than I have ever done before #splat"
- Many regular Twitter users have opinions about #Wendi.
- And here's what Wednesday's cover will actually wind up looking like.
- Animated gifs of Mrs. Murdoch's attack abound. Here's one now! Here's another!
- The word "Wendi-slapped" is now an acceptable term, meaning "to be counter-attacked suddenly and viciously by an intended victim's loved one." It has yet to appear in Urban Dictionary, however. Someone remedy that.
- The New Yorker offers "Nine Questions I Wished They'd Asked the Murdochs." An example: "3. Mr. Murdoch, Jr., you said that you didn't know about wrongdoing because "I, at the time, was the regional head for Europe and Asia." Are you an employee of Dunder Mifflin?"