Tom Cruise's Rock of Ages dance training was a revelation. Dr. Conrad Murray is on suicide watch. Amber Rose says Kim Kardashian totally banged Kanye. Pregnant Jessica Simpson "crave[s] cantaloupe like a crazy person." Tuesday gossip can't control its urges.
- Tom Cruise sang and danced 10 hours a day to prepare for his role in Rock of Ages, and discovered a hidden reservoir of musical theatrical joy deep within:
I was working on it when I was finishing 'Mission' and I was singing five hours a day and I was dancing five hours a day. Adam [Shankman, who also directed Travolta in Hairspray] said, 'Look, we're going to have a lot of fun,' and we really did.... I did six months preparing for the movie, and all my stunt training and all of those years doing that, it helped me with the choreography.... I had started dancing because I was inspired by my wife. She kept saying, 'You've got to do a musical sometime.' Kate's a dancer, so she would say, 'Let's go to dance class,' and she would take us and that's how I kind of came up with the idea of Les Grossman doing hip-hop. And then to take it to this level with this? It was really fun.
- Paint the town red, Tommy. [LATimes, Celebitchy, image via @TomCruise]
- Jessica Simpson on her pregnancy: "The stomach spoke for itself… swelling in the belly and boob area… I crave cantaloupe like a crazy person." [Celebitchy]
- Kelly Osbourne went to Sleep No More, the creepy Macbeth-inspired play where you run around a mansion in New York in a state of terrorized confusion while actors rend their clothes and scream all around you, and ended up with a black eye. This, after cracking her head open at a club in Miami last week! Maybe have your inner ear checked, Kelly. [P6]
- Following his conviction for the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson, Dr. Conrad Murray is on suicide watch. [LATimes]
- Amber Rose hints that Kim Kardashian actually hooked up with Kanye West: "I broke up with Kanye and [Reggie Bush] broke up with Kim and we met right after and we were both going through a hard time. So we were each other's rebounds." [NYDN]
- George Clooney keeps a Louisville Slugger underneath his bed and has "dozens of white shirts encased behind glass like they [are] rare wine" in his bedroom. [Gatecrasher]
- Candy Spelling, a lady so ostentatiously rich that she once bragged about devoting an entire room of her ginormous mansion to giftwrapping, won a $90,000 jackpot on a slot machine at the Bellagio in Vegas. Previously Candy Spelling jackpots include $180,000 in 2008 and $200,000 in 2007. Now, before you go apeshit and occupy Candy Spelling's nouveau riche life, keep in mind that she only beat the house once in last five years, so basically she's just throwing her money into the adult human version of a Skinner box, slavishly pushing the same button again and again, due to the occasional positive reinforcement. [P6]
- Kim Kardashian's minor role in a movie called The Marriage Counselor is much funnier, now. [People]
Mariah Carey lost 30 pounds of baby weight in three months. I wish they'd deduct the babies' mass from the weight loss figures when they do this. Sure, she lost 30 pounds, but she also had twins, so at least 10 of those pounds were pure baby, right? And those suckers were going to fight their way out of her body no matter what. Sidenote: The "before" and "after" pictures on the cover look exactly the same to me. Apparently after losing the first 30, Mimi lost 40 more, just for fun. [Us, People]
- David Arquette says he and Courteney Cox definitely won't reconcile. We know, David. [Us]
- Rapper Meek Mill tweeted a picture of "My new tat!!! But dey spelled something wrong!!!" and now he's the laughingstock of the internet, even though "That's really not my tattoo tho....I said sike!!! U can't play around on dis social shit!" Too late. May as well get the misspelled tattoo, for consistency's sake. Wouldn't it be great if there was a rule that, once a certain number of people on the internet believed something, it just became true? Then again, we would have murdered Jeff Goldblum. [@MeekMill]
- Here's an interview where the Duggars discuss the decision to have a 20th child. Read at your own peril. [People]