You know that old saying, "don't store your bullets in the oven?"
While visiting her friend Javarski "JJ" Sandy earlier this week, 18-year-old Aalaya Walker was suddenly struck by a craving for some nighttime waffles.
Walker headed into the kitchen and began preheating the oven when an explosion occurred and she was struck by something entirely different: Bullets.
At least two bullet fragments embedded themselves in Walker's chest and leg, but the injuries were not severe, and the teen was able to hop on a bus to the hospital by herself.
Sandy later showed officers the melted magazine and noted that it had four rounds in it at the time of the incident.
No charged were filed against Sandy because he has a valid concealed weapons permit.