Two artists who worked on Shia LeBeouf's #IAMSORRY project released identical statements on Sunday that seemed to confirm the actor's recent claim that he had been sexually assaulted during his performance.

Early Sunday morning, Nastja Säde Rönkkö and Luke Turner tweeted some "important clarifications" about LeBeouf's art show, writing, "Nowhere did we state that people could do whatever they wanted to Shia" and "As soon as we were aware of the incident starting to occur, we put a stop to it."

Asked by Piers Morgan why they allowed LeBeouf's rapist to escape, Turner told the broadcaster, "It wasn't clear at the time precisely what had happened" and "She ran out, rather than simply walking away."

"Beyond that, it's not my place to comment," said Turner.

On Thursday, Dazed published an extensive interview with LeBeouf in which the actor said he had been raped during his performance of #IAMSORRY in February.

"One woman who came with her boyfriend, who was outside the door when this happened, whipped my legs for 10 minutes and then striped my clothing and proceeded to rape me," LeBeouf told the magazine. "Then walked out with her lipstick smudged to her awaiting boyfriend, who I imagine was quite hurt by it. All this happened in front of hundreds of people."

[Image via AP Images//h/t Daily Mail]