Jimmy Fallon, Billy Joel, and an iPad formed a two-man, one-machine doo-wop group Thursday night, turning in a respectable cover of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight." But first, Fallon had to struggle not to fanboy all over the floor while he taught Joel how to use a voice-looping app.
• Katie Lee, the cookbook author and ex-wife of Billy Joel, is reportedly putting the 4,000-square-foot townhouse at 23 Perry Street that she and Joel once shared—and which she bought from Joel for $3 million after their split last year—on the market. The four-bedroom manse is set to be listed with Dolly Lenz for $12.9 million. [NYP, photos]
• Hedge fund mogul Bill Ackman has closed on the sale of his three-bedroom co-op at the Majestic on Central Park West. The 3,000-square-foot apartment, which Ackman first listed for $10 million last April and which went into contract in November, sold for $7.1 million to Douglas Libby and Marianne Johnson. [Cityfile]
• Seven months after she put her loft at 101 Wooster Street on the market for $3.99 million, Whoopi Goldberg has closed on the sale of the two-bedroom pad. The 3,600-square-foot apartment, which went into contract in October, sold for $2.985 million to Ben Lerer and his wife Emily. Lerer is the founder of Thrillist.com and the son of Ken Lerer, the new media investor and co-founder and chairman of the Huffington Post. [NYO]
• There's both good and bad news for Mischa Barton. The bad: She's reportedly drinking again and was seen "knocking back shots and drinking margaritas" earlier this week. (As you may remember, that sort of behavior led Mischa to spend some time in the hospital this past summer.) The good news: She supposedly looked "healthy" and "in control" while doing it, so it should be a few months before she hits bottom again and is forced to make a return trip. [P6]
• Think a good thought for Madonna. Louis Vuitton has decided to drop Madge as the face of the brand and replace her with 25-year-old supermodel Lara Stone. [Sun]
• The last 24 hours of Tiger: Holly Sampson, the porn star who had been suspected of having a tryst with Tiger, confirmed the rumor yesterday; meanwhile, Hollywood madam Michelle Braun says Woods spent $60,000 on hookers between 2006 and 2007, was into the "college cutie, girls-next-door look," and was a fan of three-ways, too. Luckily for Tiger, the reports about his dozen or so mistresses (and all the kinky specifics) may not spell disaster for his marriage to Elin Nordegren. Several tabloids report that Woods has come clean to Elin about "all" of his misbehavior in recent days and she's planning to stay with him.