Last night, Cher presented her son Chaz Bono with GLAAD's Stephen F. Kolzak Award, and it was kind of amazing. Bono was also honored for the documentary Becoming Chaz, which chronicled his transition from female to male. In the film, Cher admitted some difficulty thinking of Chaz as a man after watching him grow up as a woman. This delightful picture of Cher (and her hair) embracing Bono is a nice reflection of how far they've come.
Thanks to Chaz Bono's knee injury and Nancy Grace's wardrobe malfunction, last night's Dancing with the Stars was a lesson in human anatomy. After expressing his horror at the sight of Grace's nipple on tonight's Daily Show, Jon Stewart couldn't wait to see how the prudes at Fox & Friends would react to it. But as Stewart soon learned, the Fox panel's reaction to Grace's nip-slip was nothing compared to their stupid, juvenile comments about Bono.
On tonight's Late Show, David Letterman welcomed Chaz Bono on to talk about his transition from a woman to a man. Unfortunately for Bono—and the rest of us—the interview consisted mostly of frustrating confusion from Letterman about the difference between being homosexual and being transgender. Here are some of the lowlights.
Halle Berry walking downtown with a friend yesterday ... a grumpy-looking Ron Perelman leaving Bar Pitti on Sunday... Alex Rodriguez walking to lunch at Da Silvano ... Mary-Kate Olsen getting coffee with Nate Lowman in Tribeca ... Phoebe Cates getting breakfast with a friend yesterday at Yura on Madison Avenue ... Nicole Kidman walking on Park Avenue ... Naomi Watts shopping at Lilliput on Lafayette Street ... Chaz Bono arriving at JFK ... Julianne Moore and Bart Freundlich walking with their daughter and dog in the West Village ... Taylor Momsen filming scenes for Gossip Girl ... Hugh Jackman bowling with his kids at Lucky Strike on Sunday alongside Vincent D'Onofrio and his son ... Luke Wilson leaving Nello's on Sunday with a lady friend ... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt arriving at JFK ... and Keith Urban leaving his apartment building with his daughter.
• Lindsay Lohan may be into boys again, at least according to the Sun, since she supposedly spent the night with a male model who she'd been seen making out with the night before and later posted a picture of her new conquest on Twitter. Whether this is a make-Sam-jealous ploy or true love is hard to say, but rest assured her dad will probably weigh in on the matter by the end of the day. [Sun]
• A brazen jewelry thief busted into Amanda Peet's Tribeca loft on Wednesday and said, "What up, bitch? I live here" to Peet's assistant when she happened to walk in on the guy. He quickly fled, but let's hope she got out a "What up, mo fo?" before he was out of earshot. [P6]
• Jessica Simpson likes "spiritual," "artistic" and "intellectual" men because she "can bore out pretty easily." And now it's totally clear why her relationship with Tony Romo didn't work out. [Extra, People]
• CNN's Lou Dobbs says he's been receiving threatening phone calls and his house was shot at due to his views on immigration. But police don't have any any record that he's reported threats in the past and they think the shot was fired by a hunter. So, per usual, Dobbs is probably just full of crap. [P6]
• Michael Jackson's dad says his son is "worth more dead than when he was alive." The world already knew that was the way he felt, of course. But no one was expecting him to come right out and say it. [NYP]