Freddie Prinze Jr., star of movies that seem to always air on cable at weird hours, decided it was high time to tell us all about his terrible, career-upending experience of working with Kiefer Sutherland on season eight of 24. "Kiefer was the most unprofessional dude in the world. That's not me talking trash, I'd say it to his face, I think everyone that's worked with him has said that," Prinze told ABC News.
Action hero Kiefer Sutherland pines his high school crush Susan Glenn in a brooding Wes Anderson-esque spot for Axe Body Spray.
After eight seasons, 24 has reached its end. In the last two minutes of the series finale Jack tells Chloe that he's fleeing the country, Chloe promises to protect his family and then, in Liz Lemon fashion, she shuts it down.
James Gandolfini walking his dog in Tribeca yesterday ... Bradley Cooper running errands in SoHo ... Ringo Starr walking uptown ... Dr. Mehmet Oz leaving Rockefeller Plaza ... George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis dressed up and headed out for the evening ... Kiefer Sutherland posing for pictures outside the Late Show with David Letterman ... Matthew Broderick walking son James to school ... Ke$ha shopping at Sol de Ibiza on Greene Street in SoHo .. Steven Van Zandt walking in Midtown yesterday ... and Catherine Zeta-Jones leaving her apartment building.
Julianne Moore standing on a subway platform waiting for a downtown train ... a spiffy-looking Kiefer Sutherland walking in SoHo ... Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni filming scenes for Law & Order: SVU in Murray Hill ... Sarah Jessica Parker arriving at her townhouse in the West Village ... Teri Hatcher posing for photographers outside the Late Show with David Letterman in Midtown ... Ashlee Simpson walking to her apartment downtown, and later clowning around with husband Pete Wentz by walking in Union Square wearing Halloween masks.
Samuel L. Jackson turns 62 today. Kiefer Sutherland is turning 43. DreamWorks co-founder Jeffrey Katzenberg is 59. Ray Romano is turning 52. Andy Dick is celebrating his 44th. Jane Fonda is turning 72. Former talk show host Phil Donahue is 74. French actress Julie Delpy is 40. Jane Kaczmarek of Malcolm in the Middle turns 54. Former Mets pitcher Roger McDowell turns 48. Holly Peterson, the socialite and author of The Manny, is turning 45. And retired tennis champ Chris Evert turns 55 today.
• It's been more than a year since Kiefer Sutherland picked up a five-story townhouse on Greenwich Street for $8.25 million. Now he's managed to sell his old apartment and turn a profit in the process. Sutherland bought the two-bedroom pad at 134 West 10th Street—which comes with private roof and terrace—for $3.15 million in 2006. He listed it in May for $3.7 million and has since sold it to a real estate executive for $3.5 million. [BTL, Corcoran]
• Madonna is reportedly planning to buy Wild Ocean Farm, Kelly Klein's 30-acre horse farm in Bridgehampton, for "under $10 million." [NYP]
• Former Random House chief executive Peter Olson and his wife, iVillage.com co-founder Candice Carpenter Olson, have sold their duplex apartment at 799 Park Avenue for $4.5 million. The buyer is Essie Nail Polish founder Essie Weingarten and her husband, Massimo Sortino, [NYO]
• Catering queen Rhona Silver's seven-bedroom Long Island manse has gone on the market. The over-the-top home, which comes with a "gold-leafed powder room" and has been the setting for more than a few rap music videos over the years, can now be yours for $5.5 million. [Newsday]
• Is Andre Balazs the latest man to fall victim to Kelly Bensimon's feminine charms? Life & Style reports the hotelier and the "housewife" were seen getting cozy in Miami recently. [L&S]
• Kiefer Sutherland is in the clear. Prosecutors have dropped charges against him in connection with his assault on Jack McCollough back in May, since the designer has proved to be an "uncooperative witness." [NYDN]
• Mischa Barton is still in the hospital and may lose the role on the TV show that she was supposed to start filming this week. So what made her snap? In addition to all the drug stuff, she may be suffering from body image issues, too. [Sun, People]
• Ruth Madoff was supposedly spotted at LaGuardia en route to visit her husband in jail. And she was supposedly wearing ripped jeans, too. [P6]
Kiefer Sutherland eating dinner with girlfriend Siobhan Bonnouvrier at Wallse on West 11th ... Mickey Rourke leaving a West Village townhouse ... Calista Flockhart standing with son Liam outside FAO Schwarz on Fifth Avenue ... Kate Hudson cheering for Alex Rodriguez at a Yankees game ... Blake Lively and Penn Badgley crossing East 54th Street ... Jennifer Aniston sitting in a car with Gerard Butler on the set of The Bounty in Queens ... Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker shopping at the Apple store in SoHo ... and Robert Pattinson shooting scenes for Remember Me outside Regis High School on the Upper East Side.
Liv Tyler leaving lunch at Sant Ambroeus on West 4th Street ... Liev Schreiber riding his Vespa downtown ... Anne Hathaway walking in SoHo ... Whitney Port shopping in the West Village ... Hilary Swank and Jeffrey Dean Morgan filming scenes for The Resident in Brooklyn ... Kiefer Sutherland walking in the West Village ... Courtney Love walking by herself near Gramercy Park ... Heidi Klum shopping with her mom and kids in the meatpacking district ... Emilie de Ravin walking on the Lower East Side ... Rihanna hanging out at East Side Ink in the East Village ... Renee Zellweger and Bradley Cooper hailing a cab outside Antonucci on East 81st Street.