Big Freedia is the undisputed queen of sissy bounce. She's a New Orleans hip-hop diva who's toured around the country with a twerking team long before the word demanded a supercut. Her signature track is "Azz Everywhere," though she's also got one called "Make Ya Booty Go," and now Big Freedia wants to reclaim her association with p-popping by setting the Guinness World Record™ for "Most People Twerking Simultaneously," a feat that will be attempted in New York City's Herald Square any minute now.
The stunt will be filmed for Big Freedia's reality show, Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce, which debuts next week, but since this is also a Guinness-sanctioned event, there are rules, helpfully posted on the event page:
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot come from knees. Hips only!
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted. No hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for TWO MINUTES when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire TWO MINUTES will be deducted from the final total
The Macy's tourists are going to love this.